Benefits of Membership
- Once a member of the Scottish Genealogy Society you will have full access to the Library and all its holdings.
- Unlike most Libraries the Scottish Genealogy Society Library is run by a team of volunteers who will spend time helping members with their research. We have many volunteers with specialist knowledge such as military records and shipping records.
- Currently the Scottish Genealogy Society Library is the only research library in Edinburgh open on a Saturday afternoon.
- Every member will receive a journal four times a year and members may insert their family history queries into the journal free of charge.
- A programme of talks is organised from September to April (excluding December) to which members may bring friends. In May an outing is arranged to a place of genealogical interest.
- The Society arranges evening visits to New Register House so that members may pursue their research outwith office hours. (There is a charge for these visits).
- Members will be able to access Ancestry.co.uk from the library.
- Most Societies who are members of the Scottish Association of Family History Societies (SAFHS) will allow members from other Scottish Societies to use their Libraries. However, this is just for a casual visit or two. If you intend to use the library on a regular basis then you should join that Society.
charges - £20 single membership, £25 family membership